Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Radiation-free, organic, groceries, baby formula, etc. from the States, free shipping to Japan. U.S. prices.

Living in Japan, where there is not only a big radiation concern, but there is not a very good selection of organic foods, I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of iHerb.

Not only are the prices the same as the States, but the shipping is free or $4 most of the time (it can vary with promotions).

With the radiation issues here in Japan, I take precautions. You must if you are living in Japan. That's reality. I won't gamble in this area, especially with children.

Everything I buy, other than raw food, is from overseas (I order veggies and milk from Kyushu but that's another story). I'm especially careful about infant formula and what my children consume. I want not only radiation free, but also organic, when possible.
I found this website iherb, based in the States, that ships EVERYTHING to Japan in just 3-5 days, with either FREE shipping or just $4. It's amazing. It has EVERYTHING from vitamins, honey, olive oil, sugar, flour, cereal, spices, shampoo, washing detergent, lotions, herb teas... baby snacks, kids snacks, health food, cough medicine, toothpaste, Chia seeds, nuts, grains, deoderant...

It's like an online whole foods.
I swear that I am their best customer. They even give me a 10% discount since I order regularly. Lots of perks.

Here are my tips for ordering:
1. If a message comes up saying that they cannot ship that product to Japan, try a different brand
(We had to go through 3 brands to get chia seeds)

2. Keep the order UNDER $160 per time, to avoid custom taxes

3. Use this code to receive $10 off your first order:  YUQ399

www.iherb.com

4. Before you go grocery shopping, make a list and first check if the products are on iherb. Chances are, they will be. I repeat EVERYTHING is on that site (paper towels, toilet paper, diapers, deoderant, make-up, all groceries other than raw foods).

I just visited my kitchen and took some photos of some products I regularly order from iherb. Excellent for those with allergies or special dietary needs. The prices are US prices. The formulas have not been modified to fit Japan so you can get things that are not available in Japan. These products will cost double or triple (IF you can find them) if purchased at an international supermarket.


















No comments:

Post a Comment