Friday, September 21, 2012

Ordering "safe" radiation-free food, fresh farm in Kyushu

Yes, I admit. I am one of those moms who is very concerned about food and water here in Tokyo. Although the government says it is safe (of course they have to say this), I want to take precautions.

I order my vegetables and rice from Green Grace, a farm in Kyushu. I know there are a lot of options out there, but this is not only in the "safe" zone, it is very high quality and DELICIOUS. The grapes are the sizes of plums (my daughter prefers them to ice cream-no joke), the cherry tomatoes are sweet and juicy, the brown rice is fragrant, the peaches melt in your mouth, the eggplants are very flavorful...I could go on. Just in general, I recommend this place and knowing that it is in a safer region of Japan, makes me feel all the better:

If you could find vegetables this quality in Tokyo, they'd be 3 times the price.

The website is all in Japanese, but I was able to translate an order form into English. You just fill in the order form and email it to the farmer with your name, address and telephone number.  Don't write any messages to them, because they do not speak English (writing address in English is OK). They ship two times a week and it is payment upon delivery.

Website (so you can get an idea of the "freshness")
http://www.green-grace.co.jp/

I don't know how to upload an excel file to my blog, but if you send me an email, I will reply back with the form.

As I said, they don't speak a lick of English, so if you get a reply in Japanese back, ask a friend or your spouse's assistant what it says. Usually, it just specifies when the vegetables will arrive. They ship on Tuesdays and Fridays, so I usually get the order a day or so after.  You can always ask me as well. It's worth a try.

Anyways, drop me an email if you want me to send you the order form. I'm sorry I couldn't post it to the blog. Does anyone know how to post files to a blog?

I am happy to help: janica@japan-cast.com
If I don't reply, email again or comment on the blog. It could have gone into my SPAM.



1 comment:

  1. Try this site!

    http://kyushuveggies.ocnk.biz/

    Online Kyushu Farmers' Market Shopping Service!

    ReplyDelete